The purpose of our program is to:
- Recognize organizations with exemplary workplace financial education efforts to enhance employee financial understanding and well-being; and
- Encourage organizations to implement, support and further develop financial literacy programs in the workplace.
Companies who provide workplace education stand to gain!
Companies providing financial education show improvement in workplace including increased productivity, employee morale, and company loyalty and decreased healthcare costs, absenteeism, turnover, workplace distractions, and operational risk across the company. Financial education programs have the effect of contributing to the company’s bottom line between $3 and $4 for every dollar spent.
In addition, by submitting your application for the Workplace Honor Roll recognition program, your company will receive recognition as a leader in workplace financial education in the State of Louisiana through:
- An award plaque that can be displayed in your place of business
- Recognition at a Louisiana Jump$tart partner meeting
- Louisiana Jump$tart website
- Social media
- News release
Applications are accepted from business or non-profit organizations (including state and local government entities) that developed and implemented programs designed to increase financial literacy and financial well-being of their employees. Best practices of honor roll applicants are evaluated on program longevity, participation rate, eligibility, topics and activity.
The honorees receive recognition during April, National Financial Capability Month, for making a difference in their employees’ long term financial well-being. The Call for Applications goes out in January with a deadline toward the end of March.
2017 Workplace Financial Education Honorees:
- ARC of Acadiana, New Iberia
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, Baton Rouge
- Knight Media, Lake Charles
- Lafayette Schools Credit Union, Lafayette
- Medical Resources and Guidance, Ville Platte
- Search Influence, New Orleans
- Shreveport Job Corps, Shreveport