Established in 2003, the Louisiana Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is a statewide, non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization representing more than 50 partners including banks, credit unions, businesses, government, federal and state agencies, academic institutions, non-profits, faith-based organizations, and individuals who have an interest in promoting financial literacy.
We are a proud state affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, based in Washington, D.C. and convened since 1995.
Louisiana Jump$tart is a coalition of organizations dedicated to improving the financial capability of individuals by providing advocacy and access to financial education programs and resources.
Partner representatives provide their expertise, time and resources to make our activities productive and successful for the student and adult participants. Membership information can be found on this website along with a list of our partners.
Our Education Events
- Partner Meetings – four held annually
- Financial Education Boot Camp – held annually to benefit educators
- Money Matters Event – held to benefit consumers
- Train-the-Trainer No Cost Workshops – held each year to share financial education curricula/programs with persons who have access to an audience.
- Financial $marts Event – held to benefit high school students and their families
- Workplace Financial Education Honor Roll – a program to recognize companies that provide financial literacy as an added benefit to their employees.